Thursday, July 31, 2014

Otherlands Coffee Shop & Sketchbooks, PART 2

12" x  9" Canson Sketchbook        Lamy pen, water soluble ink, water brush 
In 2013, I was planning to sketch while traveling and was looking for ways to complete sketches more quickly.  Blending water soluble ink with the water brush was much quicker than cross hatching. The water brush, though, required me to use thicker paper, so I started trying out different types of sketch books.

7" x 10" Strathmore Watercolor Sketchbook        Lamy pen, water soluble ink, water brush 
I was missing strong lines, so I experimented with a combination of techniques.

8.25" x 5,5 Pen & Ink sketchbook         black Prismacolor chisel tip pen,
 Lamy pen with water soluble ink, water brush
When the paper was too thin to take water, I tried using gray markers.

8.25" x 5.5" Handbook sketchbook         black chisel tip Prismacolor pen and
gray Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen





8.25" x 5.5" Pentalic sketchbook         black Pentel brush pen and
gray Pentel Color Brush
I started with lines and here I am playing more with tones and colors.


5.5" x 8.25" Moleskin sketchbook               Tombo Dual Brush Pens, Lamy pen and water brush


8" x 6" Stillman Birn Epsilpn Series           Faber-Castell Pitt artist pens


12" x 9" Stillman Birn Beta Series sketchbook         Tombo Dual Brush pens, water brush





No comments:

Post a Comment