Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Memphis Urban Sketchers @ the Dixon

This month we sketched at the Dixon. We started in the gardens. I decided to sketch this deer first. It reminded me of Zac + he was out at his hunting land. I wondered if I saw more deer than he did (I didn't). I found a cute little bench on top of gorgeous stepping stones + grass. It was so peaceful...then came the mosquitos...they were relentless. I didn't even think about bringing bug spray. I still really enjoyed it.



DeerSketching at the DixonBench



They had tons of beautiful flowers blooming. Zinnias are some of my favorites too :)



FlowersDixon gardenDixon garden



It started to get hot + the gallery was opening, so I went inside. The guard did not like my mini backpack so I had to take it out to the car. I carried my small sketchbook + put my car key, pencil sharpener, kneaded eraser + phone in my pocket. I sketched some Jean-Louis Forain paintings:



Paintings



Ladies



Chairs

My last sketch was of the chairs + lights at the Cafe Forain. We visited there for a bit + showed our sketches. Fun morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment