Thursday, November 4, 2010

September Sketch

I admire people who carry their sketchbooks with them & sketch everywhere. I have also followed blogs like Trumpetvine, Danny Gregory, Wagonized & Andrea Joseph for years. I was so excited to hear Elizabeth was starting a Memphis Urban Sketchers group. This month (September) we went to the Memphis Farmers Market. I haven't drawn much from direct observation since I graduated from The University of Memphis (three years ago), so I was a little nervous. I started my first sketch, but I was being too technical & found it hard to scale down. I'm used to sketching an object but not the whole scene. It will probably take a little while to figure out which materials I like best. This is my second sketch & supplies:


Urban Sketchers


I need to practice more & loosen up. I look forward to the next time. I enjoyed meeting new sketchers & seeing their results. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment