Sunday, September 23, 2012

From Sketching to Rowing

You never know what's going to happen when you head out to sketch.

Yesterday a few of us met up at Mud Island River Park to sketch at the Duncan-Williams Dragon Boat Race. We wandered around a bit trying to figure out the best place to sketch, and a couple of us looked across the Wolf River Harbor to sketch the downtown Memphis Skyline.

Just as I was finishing this quick little sketch, my friend Shannon, who was on a race team, texted to ask if I felt like rowing, as they were a member short. I asked fellow sketcher Beth, and she said that yes I probably did feel like rowing.

Next thing I new I was in a Leadership Academy t-shirt with 20 others, heading to the boat ramp to row in the first of two sprint races.

This is the only sketch I made yesterday. I spent the rest of the day meeting new people, seeing old friends, hanging out with Shannon (below, right), and rowing in the Wolf River Harbor and the beautiful early-fall sunshine.



No comments:

Post a Comment