Thursday, April 7, 2011

Memphis Urban Sketchers @ Elmwood Cemetery (2nd time)

This month (April) we went to Elmwood Cemetery again to sketch. It was a beautiful, warm day :) Great for sketching! I walked around to find something to sketch + this caught my eye. The epitaph said "Nannie Lucas":


Nannie sketch & stone Nannie tombstone apr 11


(Pencil, Watercolor, Water soluble graphite)


For my next sketch I wanted to do an overall sketch with many tombstones:


Tombstones watercolor


(Pencil, Watercolor)


After that, it was time to meet back up to see everyone's sketches. It's always neat to see how others record + translate the same space you are in.


I brought my lunch + stayed for one more sketch. I loved the paired tombstones in this photo:


Elmwood


I decided to focus on the columns, tree + what appears to be a pile of books:


Tree and stone sketch background Tree and stone sketch (micron pen, derwent inktense pencil, watercolor)


My last sketch was my favorite :) I'm glad I decided to stay + found a nice spot in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment