Wednesday, November 30, 2011
If you are attending the sketch group this Saturday, December 3rd, please note that the St. Jude Marathon will go right through that intersection, but I don't know at what time. Might make it difficult to get to a parking spot, but it will be worth it! Having to deal with events and traffic is just part of what being an Urban Sketcher is all about!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
When: 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM, Saturday December 3rd
Where: Central Avenue and Cooper Street
Meet in the parking lot to the east of Urban Outfitters, between that building and Palladio. We'll meet there and then branch out to draw all of the activity of this intersection, such as:
- nursery at the north-west corner
- old buildings on the south-west corner
- busiest gas station in the world on the north-east corner
- antique store next to the gas station
- all of the railroad trestles
- public art to the south
BYO sketching equipment.
Meet other sketchers, relax, have fun and share your art and experiences. All skill levels are welcome!
For updates and to share experiences and sketches
*In event of rain or if it's too cold by then, we will gather in Cafe Palladio and do some indoor sketching.
Upcoming Sketch Groups for 2012!
Jan 7 -- Memphis Brooks Museum of Art
There will be a fee to get in, but it will be worth it to get out of the cold!
Senior Adults (65+) $6
Students (with student ID) $3
Visit http://www.brooksmuseum.org/planyourvisit to get a $1 off coupon!
Feb 4 -- Peabody Hotel
Mar 3 -- Riverfront
Apr 7 -- Botanic Gardens
May 5 -- Beale Street (during but not at Music Festival)
June 2 -- Central Library
July 7 -- Mississippi River Museum (to be confirmed)
Aug 4 -- Young Avenue Deli
Sep 2 -- Collierville Town Square
Oct 6 -- TBD
Nov 3 -- TBD
Dec 1 -- TBD
Friday, November 11, 2011
Last Saturday was India Fest, and a few of us met there to do some sketching.
1) My nephew Calvin's school band was playing there, so I sketched them first.
2) They have booths selling food set up by regions so that you can taste important dishes from each region.
3) Kids put on some great performances!
4) I made sure to sketch lots of people after making the students in my sketching class draw people last week.
5) So many people, so much going on!